Access to Port Arthur Historic Site is via the Visitor Centre and charges apply.
Proceeds from admission charges contribute to the ongoing conservation, interpretation and development of the Port Arthur Historic Sites.
Site Entry Pass
- All Site Entry passes are valid for daytime entry for two consecutive days
- A visitor guide with a map of the Site
- A 40 minute guided walking tour—a great introduction to Port Arthur, its people and its past
- A 25 minute harbour cruise on the MV Marana
- Access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, gardens and restored houses on the Site
- Fun, interactive experiences for all ages in the Visitor Centre, including the Lottery of Life, as well as our Museum and Convict Study Centre in the Asylum building
- Access to the Convict Water Supply Trail, and the Dockyard
- Shuttle buggy service for people with restricted mobility available between 10am and 3pm daily. An extended service is offered during summer
Adult $35 / Child $16 / Family $80 / Concession $27
Our Family Pass is terrific value for money, with Site Entry for two adults and up to six children.
For site entry from October 1st, 2015:
Adult $37 / Child $17 / Family $90 / Concession $28
Ticket of Leave Two Year Pass
Come back to Port Arthur for free with our great value Ticket of Leave which allows you to return to Port Arthur as many times as you like during the next two years. The ticket is valid for two years from the date you purchase it and includes all of the activities included in general site entry. It does not include optional tours or food and beverages.
Adult $10 / Family $20